Wednesday, December 16, 2009

What are the best skincare products for acne-prone skin?

I am currently using the Proactiv Solution and have seen minimal results. At night I put Queen Helene's Mint Julep Mask on trouble areas and wash it off in the morning, and it appears to be working better than Proactiv alone. My skin's not horrible, but the impurities I have are frustrating and will NOT go away. If you have found any brands and products that work fast and are available at drugstores, that would be very helpful. Proactiv is too expensive for my taste and seems to not be worth the price. Thanks in advance :)What are the best skincare products for acne-prone skin?
Proactiv didn't work for me, I've tried so many things and nothing ever works..





The only thing that works for me is 'Minocycline', which was prescribed by my dermatologist. I have a lot of acne and am so thankful something finally works.


I highly recommend it.





Also important is EPA DHA....


If you want to control acne breakouts, you need to supplement your diet with fish oils which contain omega-3 and omega-6 oils. These fish oil also contains EPA and DHA fatty acids which are necessary for creating prostaglandins.


Postaglandins also keep androgen hormones in control so that excess sebum is not produce in the hair follicle, which results in acne.





Umm yeah the last part is a little crazy lol but it does help!!What are the best skincare products for acne-prone skin?
Yeah the first like 5 weeks I think it was I couldn't see any results and my dermatologist said it could take 8 weeks for everything to clear up. Continue taking it, it really works!! Report Abuse

First: Proactiv doesn't work, all it does it dry your skin out to the point where you don't care anymore about tha acne, but the fact that you can't move your mouth without your skin craking.





Second: For a good acne solution, I don't have a specific brand, I'm afraid, but a topical solution along with a good facial cleanser is probably your best bet. If you're really serious, and willing to spend a WHOLE LOT of money, there is acutane, but I wouldn't recomment it. it works wonders, but the price is really dramatic.





i'm sorry if I didn't help any.
I had really bad spots but then I got a couple of decent products. First off I use Carex Sensitive liquid soap and then rinse it off. After that, I use diluted Dettol in the morning (make sure it's diluted enough or it'll burn your face off) and Clean%26amp;Clear Blackhead Clearing Cleanser at night. I usually leave the cleanser on for 10 minutes and then rinse, because if you don't rinse it (a) stings like hell and (b) gets sticky and attracts dirt.
Water to remove oils, pad dry, applied twice daily, avoid sun exposure, avoid foods that aggravate symptoms (nuts, grease, chocolate), avoid stress. Other than that, which is mainly prevention, I heard that Vitamin E creme might help.
quinoderm is very good
I try to use OTC products that are readily available and less expensive .. in researching from different websites I find that it's important to not only clean your skin but deep clean your pores.





Simply using a oil-free toner with cotton rounds that you can get from the drug store to wipe over your face using the cotton round with the toner you will see that your pores are still dirty, as you use another clean toner soaked cotton round until it comes clean. Then your pores will be completely clean and use a acne cleansing pad such as Oxy Wash for example it will be more effective, for the pimples after using the acne cleansing pad use the acne spot treatment.. again you can get this from the drug store.





As Gibbo says, you must also include an oil-free and cleansing diet, no fried foods no baked goods as these have oil in it and contribute to your oily skin, consider a weekly steaming of your dface to open your pores to remove impurities.





Remove dead skin by using either a facial sponge or facial brush .. unfortunately you must be patient when it comes to acne even with this regimen you will still get a zit or two but if you follow this routine twice daily it will keep the breakouts to a minimum

No comments:

Post a Comment