Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Need acne skincare routine advice.?

I current am using the Clearasil Ultra Solutions Kit that recently came out. I have in the past used Proactiv and Exposed.


My current routine consists of:


1. Cleaning face with Clearasil face wash


2. Using the Clearasil Toner


3. Using the lotion moisturizer provided


4. Applying 10% Bzp medicatoin ( Clearasil)





Twice a week I use the refining mask (sulfur) left over from my proactiv, I take 2 vitamins a day, tums, exercise, shower 1-2 times a day and do this routine day and night. I use oil blotter sheets during the day and sometimes a wet clearasil wipe. I also have a balanced diet and drink 8+ glasses of water a day. Does anyone have any suggestions as to improve my routine -- I have moderate acne. Please no product suggestions.. except I need to find a new mask to put on twice a week after mine runs out (pref sulfur). Thanks!!Need acne skincare routine advice.?
This would be my suggestion although you are currently doing everything correctly





Use good quality skincare. You wont get any benefits if you are using cheap products from a chemist or supermarket.


*Cleanse twice using a slightly foaming cleanser (Once the acne clears up then use a milky cleanser) , use cool water NOT hot or warm as you will aggrevate the acne.


*apply a non- alcoholic lotion all over face


* apply a light oil free moisturiser





* Exfoliate using a soft exfoliant ( do not use anything with granules) twice a week and follow it off with a drying, mud face mask.





Do all this and you should see results after 1 week.





** Try not to touch your face throughout the day-you will spread dirt and contaminate your skin.





You are doing the right thing drinking a lot of water as hydrated skin will heal itself a lot quicker than dehydrated.





The main thing that I would suggest to you, and this is hard without actuallu seeing your skin. But because you have only moderate acne the skin care that you are using may be drying out your skin, therefore your skin will produce too much oil trying to over compensate. So your sebum levels may be all over the place and most likely over productive.





I know that you said no product recommendations but if you continue to use cheap products such as Clearasil you wont see results. I'm not saying that you need to use any like La Prarie but maybe something in the middle range like Algologie. It is natural and seaweed based and is quite cheap. Your full skin care range would only cost about AU $150 and will last you over 3 months





I hope this helps you out a bitNeed acne skincare routine advice.?
I do very similiar stuff. Maybe eat more fruits and veggies..it can help tone your skin and make you feel healthier. ;)
use rubbing alcohol
if the routine you are following is not working for you, or you wish to improve your results try using products that contain: alpha hydroxy acid (glycolic acid) , and beta hydroxy acid (salicylic acid) these help eliminate dead skin cells which in turn keeps them from clogging your pores, and these acids can help with scarring, also try not to over wash your face this will dry your skin out and then your face will overcompensate by producing more oil,
its not a mask but st. ives apricot scrub for blackheads is really effective- also try biore warming blackhead cleanser, and there's an ice cleanser to follow that with


hope this helped
Try Murad products for a mask. they usually use sulfur in their products.
Go to a dermatologist. He or she will be able to assess your situation and prescribe something that will work well for you. I was dealing with moderate acne using over the counter products and nothing worked for me either. The derm knew exactly what to do and now I'm clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment